Oct. 4 at 5am EST
Are you tired of trying to meet other people's expectations?
Whose approval matters most?
Relationships are messy. Sometimes we find ourselves saying what another person wants to hear, just to keep the peace. But does that help in the long run?
We know the Bible tells us to love one another, but does that mean we should avoid conflict? Worry about appearances or status? Keep our thoughts and opinions to ourselves?
And why do we care so much what others think of us, anyway, especially if our convictions are honoring to God? He loves us and accepts us. Isn't that enough?
It's time to say goodbye to people pleasing!
How to Break Free from the Prison of People Pleasing
This soul-liberating course is designed to help you:
- Release the chains of other people's expectations
- Grow in your knowledge of God's Word and will for your life
- Glean wisdom and insight from four experienced mentors who've been there and know how to help you find freedom from people pleasing!
We understand your struggle!
We're Karen Ehman, Courtney Joseph, and Ruth Schwenk—three Jesus-loving moms, authors and Bible teachers who live the chaos every day. We know how it feels to face countless demands, deadlines and expectations on our time and emotions. And we've also learned how to break free.
Let us teach you how.
Our new online course, How to Break Free from the Prison of People Pleasing, will help you discover how to shed your need for others' approval and rest in God's call on your life instead. Can we get an amen?
Free your soul
Do you wish you could make choices without worrying about others' expectations?
Plenty of people will demand your time, energy and opinions. It's easy to feel chained or afraid of their judgment.
But what does God ask of you?
How can you follow His call on your life without fearing what others think?
In this inspiring four-week journey led by three seasoned mentors, you will experience a deeper walk of faith—and freedom to break the chains of people pleasing.SIGN ME UP
Imagine speaking your mind with confidence, in love... and not fearing the repercussions.
here's what how to break free from the prison of people pleasing will do for you...
- Show you how to build healthy boundaries, stop worrying about disappointing others, and start focusing on God's will for your life
- Teach you new insights from Scripture that will change the way you look at yourself, your family, and your priorities (for the better!)
- Instill in you healthy spiritual habits you can enjoy for a lifetime
Not only is all of this possible, it's also one of the most important investments of time and attention you can make in yourself and your family!
Hear from us!
Each week on Mondays you will enjoy a video teaching from one of the course mentors. Topics include:
- How to Tell The Truth (in Love)
- Fearing God vs. Fearing Man
- Boundaries in Relationships
- Living God's Agenda for Your Life (with guest mentor Nicki Koziarz)
Learn with us
When you enroll in How to Break Free from the Prison of People Pleasing, you'll get a printable course workbook designed to help you follow along, take notes, and reflect on the weekly topics.
- Highlights from each week's teaching
- Key verses to study, and even memorize if you wish
- Personal reflection questions to help you think deeper about the impact God's Word has on your life
Prayer and reflection
Quiet time resources
Each weekly unit contains a wealth of printables and digital resources to help you dive deeper into God's Word.
- Weekly devotions written by experienced Bible teachers
- Prayer journaling sheets for reflecting on Scripture
- Phone lockscreens and other graphics to help remind you of the weekly lessons
Each week you'll have the opportunity to participate in a live online gathering with Karen, Courtney, and Ruth. These sessions will be recorded for easy replay in case you can't join us live.
- Enjoy bonus teaching from our mentors, in fellowship with women asking questions similar to what's on your heart
- Get further clarity on each week's topic and how it applies to your life
Community with fellow believers
In How to Break Free from the Prison of People Pleasing, you'll engage with other women in similar shoes who want to grow closer to God.
- Share comments and conversations inside the course modules
- Ask questions every Tuesday that the mentors will answer on Thursday's Live Q&A
- Join the weekly live group call where our community of sisters will gather
On top of all of that, we'll also give you a surprise bonus when you complete the course, designed to help you keep breaking free from people pleasing long after our time together has come to a close!
Are you ready?
Enroll today and begin your journey toward breaking free from the prison of people pleasing!
- Four weekly teaching videos
- Four weekly Q&A replays
- Four encouraging mentors
- Four weekly devotions
- Workbook for personal study
- Prayer journaling sheets
- Lockscreens and social images
- Fellowship and guidance
Meet Your Mentors
Karen Ehman is a New York Times bestselling author, a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker, and a sought-after Bible teacher who writes for the First 5 Bible app. Practical, funny, and real, her passion is to help women live their priorities and love their lives as they serve God and others. Karen has been a guest on national media including TODAY Parenting, FoxNews.com, FamilyLife, Engaging Women, Moody Midday Connection, At Home Live, and she has been a popular repeat guest on Focus on the Family. She has been married for over a quarter-century to her college sweetheart Todd. She and the Mr. make their home out in the boondocks in the middle of the Mitten (Michigan—America's "High Five"). They are the parents of five adult children, three biological and two in-laws by marriage, although she forgets which are which.
Ruth Schwenk is the founder of the popular blog, TheBetterMom.com; and co-founder, with her husband Patrick, of FortheFamily.org and the popular podcast Rootlike Faith. She is the trusted author of several books with Harper Collins Christian, including her new release with her husband, In a Boat in the Middle of a Lake, as well as The Better Mom Book and Devotional. She is also the co-author with Karen Ehman, of the best-selling devotional Pressing Pause and the award-winning devotional Settle My Soul. Ruth is a Michigan football super-fan, lover of all things HGTV and a self-proclaimed foodie. But her greatest joy is her family. She lives with her husband and their four kids in the dreamy college town of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Courtney Joseph is a graduate of the Moody Bible Institute with a degree in Evangelism and Discipleship. After over a decade of leading women’s Bible studies, mentorships and workshops in her local church, she decided to move her ministry online at WomenLivingWell.org where she has over 1.5 million views of her videos on YouTube. Courtney’s passion and sincerity has made her a leader in the Christian blogging community. She is the founder of WomenLivingWell.org and GoodMorningGirls.org. Courtney has published over 20 Bible studies with both her Ecclesiastes and Ruth studies ranking number 1 for Christian Devotionals on Amazon. She has a teenage son and daughter and a dog named Snowball. They live in Ohio and they are big Ohio State Fans!
My Mentorship Courses is happy to welcome guest mentor Nicki Koziarz to How to Break Free from the Prison of People Pleasing.
Nicki is a two-time best selling author and speaker with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She is a wife to Kris and mom to three girls, Taylor, Hope and Kennedy. Nicki’s family runs a small farm just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina, which they affectionately call The Fixer Upper Farm. Nicki speaks nationally at conferences, retreats and meetings. She has also been featured on Life Today. An evangelist at heart, Nicki inspires others to become the best version of who God created them to be.
God has fewer demands of you than most people do. Let's focus on His grace together.
Each weekday you'll get access to a new portion of the weekly lesson:
- Mentoring Monday: Enjoy a prerecorded video teaching.
- Talk to Us Tuesday: Drop your questions for the mentors!
- In the Word Wednesday: We'll provide a devotion to help you apply the week's lesson to your quiet time.
- Gather Together Thursday: We'll host a live online Q&A event every Thursday evening in which the mentors answer your questions about that week's topic.
- Faith-Building Friday: Download a guided prayer journaling sheet for prayer and reflection.
If you fall behind on a daily activity, you are encouraged to catch up as you're able. Nobody is taking attendance! However, you won't be able to work ahead. Each day's activity will be released at 5 a.m. EST that day. This is so we can all keep a steady and consistent pace together, building habits for spiritual growth that can last a lifetime.
Also, if you can't make it to the live Q&A event on Thursday evenings, don't worry, a replay will be available.
When does How to Break Free from the Prison of People Pleasing begin?
Can I go through the course at my own pace?
How much homework is involved?
What Bible translations do you use?
What if I'm unavailable for part of the four-week period?
Can I still access the course after the four weeks are over?
Can my small group go through the course together?
© 2021 My Mentorship Courses